Pre K- Grade 4 (effective September 2019)
Principal: Ed Kucy
Assistant Principal: Becky Gumpinger
September 2019 School Year
Principal: Ed Kucy
Assistant Principal: Michele Yuzdepski
Holy Spirit Catholic School is part of Elk Island Catholic Schools (EICS) and part of Alberta's publicly-funded education system. Holy Spirit Catholic School is located in the northeast of Sherwood Park in Strathcona County, Alberta.
Holy Spirit offers instructional programming for students from ECS - Grade 9. A highlight of our school is our Career and Technology Studies Program (CTS). The CTS program is offered to junior high students at our school and to other junior high students within EICS as well. Approximately 1000 students benefit from the state-of-the-art technology provided in our CTS program.
Most importantly, Holy Spirit Catholic School offers a strong academic program that provides many opportunities for success regardless of individual learning requirements. As a Catholic school, our religion studies programs develop, strengthen and broaden the faith life of our students. We believe that our Catholic faith permeates through all facets and activities that we experience at our school. We strive to develop within our students a sense of social justice as one of our responsibilities as a Catholic people.
Our school is fortunate to have a strong, dedicated commitment from our parent community. We have many parent volunteers who offer their time and energy to assist our teachers on a regular basis. As well, many parents assist us with special event sand projects, serve on the Parent Council and supervise on field trips.
- That Jesus Christ and his teachings are the foundation and core of our Catholic School Division.
- That a quality education is a continuing process that develops the whole person in an environment which encourages success.
- That we live out the Catholic faith through our words, our actions and our interactions.
- That Catholic education is a shared responsibility between the home, the school, the parish and the community.
- That education is a lifelong journey during which excellence is actively pursued.
- That everyone has worth and dignity as a unique creation of God.